So I took a longer then exspected absence from the blog. If you live anywhere around the Midwest.. or just about anywhere other then California. you know we had a really bad winter. Heck it snowed to day. Between finishing up the Nero testing and having to become every one’s taxi I’ve had very little time to do anything else.
We did manage to finish the testing the end of February. Unfortunately we’re still in the same boat we were before. The only thing we did manage to figure out once and for all is Aryn in no shape or form is autistic she isn’t even on the spectrum. Which we already knew. But now it’s been confirmed. The best they could offer us is global delays with SPD not related to Autism. We will be meeting with them again in a few months to see how she is doing. But the doctor was very impressed with the improvements she has made since starting Speech and Behavioral therapies. It’s likely with this continuing she’ll get to a point will she will no longer be behind her peers. They said she was very bright ( duh). Considering Matt, Jayde ( our oldest) and I are all gifted, I can’t say I was shocked at all. I’ve always said that she’s just as smart as Jayde if not more so she just can’t get it out.
Feeding issues have been bad lately which means sleep has been too. There have been more then a few nights I’ve had to man the baby monitor till she finally crashed out for the night. I am really hopping we can get to the bottom of this feeding issue. I fear that she’ll end up with a feeding tube or a totally liquid diet. But there is very little I can do about it now.
The most fustrating thing about all of this. The school district wants to redo every test we just did, so they can place her in a Pre K classroom and develop a IEP and 504 for her. Normally I wouldn’t care so much but we just went through so much to get all this testing done to have to do it all over again with new people makes me want to pull my hair out. On top of that they want to take over her speech therapy. I have a feeling this is gonna be a big fight with them. I don’t see removing her from a doc she’s use to and have improved greatly with as a good thing. Especially since we are very lucky to have insurance to cover that. So I guess we’ll see how that plays out.
I promise next post wont be such a info dump.